The Best Chicken Scampi
This chicken scampi recipe is fantastic, and makes a wonderful easy Italian recipe to serve on top of a bed of pasta. This simple chicken dinner recipe is great to make whether it's a busy weeknight or a casual potluck held during the winter. Serve this recipe with some of the juice from cooking over the top and your guests won't stop raving!
- Freshly squeezed lemon adds a wonderful freshness to the dish in the Spring or Summer months.
- This recipe can be prepared in the crockpot if you're in a hurry.
- 2 lbs. of chicken breast, sliced in thin slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic pepper
- 1 red pepper, sliced roughly
- 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 6 or 7 sliced in half)
- 1 Tbs. lemon chicken seasoning
- 1 Tbs. basil
- chopped onion (very fine)
- salt and pepper, to taste