- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, to taste (about 1 to 2 medium lemons, juiced)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 large sprigs fresh mint leaves, finely chopped (to yield ¼ cup chopped mint)
- 5 scallions (green onions), sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, diced into ¼-inch wide rounds
- 2 to 3 bunches curly parsley (to yield 2 cups finely chopped parsley)
- ? cup #1 fine grade bulgur (see notes for how to turn coarse bulgur into fine)
- To serve as lettuce cups: 1 head butter lettuce or 2 heads Little Gem romaine, rinsed and dried
- #1 fine grade bulgur
Want to see the entire recipe?
Published August 19, 2015.