- 1 2-lb beef tenderloin roast, trimmed and cut into 1" x 2" strips
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of shallots, diced
- 1 lb of white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of beef stock
- ¼ cup of good quality Cognac
- 1½ cups of creme fraiche* (or sour cream, or whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 12 ounces of egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
Want to see the entire recipe?
Published December 30, 2015.