- 1 batch easy whole wheat pizza dough or 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's)
- ½ cup olive oil
- For The Pizza:
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, depending on their size
- ¾ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) grated low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups packed kale, preferably the Tuscan/lacinato variety, thick ribs removed and roughly chopped (about 1 small bunch)
- 1 cup lightly packed kale, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- For The Kale Pesto:
- Optional garnishes: red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- ¾ cup pecans or walnuts
Want to see the entire recipe?
Published January 27, 2016.