Healthy General Tso's Chicken
This healthy general Tso's chicken recipe from Steamy Kitchen captures all of the classic Chinese food flavor and makes it healthy! Instead of slathering the fried chicken in sauce, this version lightens things up without sacrificing the flavor. The next time you're in the mood for Chinese food but want to make some at home, try this recipe!
- Serve on a bed of whole grain rice or noodles to make this recipe a healthy meal.
- We like to add some sliced dried Thai chilis to the recipe to give it a bit of a kick.
- Sriracha is our favorite condiment to put on top of this simple Asian chicken recipe.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 pound boneless chicken meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely minced (or grated on rasp grater)
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds