- 4 to 5 pounds brisket, preferably second-cut
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons mild olive or vegetable oil
- 3 large yellow onions (about 1 1/2 lbs), halved through the roots and thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup homemade chicken stock or canned chicken broth
Want to see the entire recipe?
Published April 03, 2019.