- Toss the kale around with the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it wilts down.
- Add in the tablespoon of red wine vinegar and stir everything together, then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese.
- Cook for one minute until the onion becomes golden and soft then add in the chopped kale and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the teaspoon of bacon grease over medium high heat then add in the diced onion and garlic.
- Pour the bacon grease out of the skillet reserving one teaspoon.
- In an 8 inch cast iron skillet cook the bacon until crispy, remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels, then dice it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup oyster crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups kale, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups [Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddarhttps://goo.gl/kabrJD]
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Stir the kale mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture then pour it back into the skillet.
- 4 slices cooked bacon, diced
- Serve immediately with slices of baguette or crudites.
- Top the dip with the crushed oyster crackers, then place it in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until it is warm and bubbly.
Want to see the entire recipe?
Published June 22, 2015.